Talk 4 of 6 in the series Two Ways to Live 2021 given for the Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students. This series is given via Zoom due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The next talk in the series is Creation.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
- Who Deserves the Punishment?
- the guilty
- the defiant- outlaw, lawless, rebels
- difference between sins and sin
- good sailor
- Who are the Guilty?
- all humanity, all humans
- for we reject God as God over us
- How Do We Reject God’s Rule Over Us?
- symptomatically by our sins
- profoundly by autonomy; determining our own morality
I know that I am not worthy to be accepted by you.
I don’t deserve your gift of eternal life.
I am guilty of rebelling against you and ignoring you.
I need forgiveness.
Thank you for sending your son to die for me
that I may be forgiven.
Thank you that he rose from the dead
to give me new life.
Please forgive me and change me,
that I may live with Jesus as my ruler. Amen