A talk preached at Moore Theological College for the School of Biblical Theology, 2019. The topic was Doctrine for Declaration: Explorations in the Theological Foundations of Biblical Preaching.
- Introduction: Meeting Jesus
- Meeting God
- arrogance of equality
- two competing views of humanity
- a great gulf
- The Prophets in the Old Testament
- Gideon Manoah and Job
- The Lord Jesus Christ
- God become man
- Simon Peter meets the Lord
- Simon Peter meets the Saviour
- Conclusion: Have you met Jesus?
I know that I am not worthy to be accepted by you.
I don’t deserve your gift of eternal life.
I am guilty of rebelling against you and ignoring you.
I need forgiveness.
Thank you for sending your son to die for me
that I may be forgiven.
Thank you that he rose from the dead
to give me new life.
Please forgive me and change me,
that I may live with Jesus as my Lord. Amen