The Christian Ambivalence
This is an edited version of Week 1 of Forum Term 1 2022 Loving The World. Forum is held on Thursday evening at Moore Theological College. Forum is a 2 hour session of interactive Bible teaching for 18-30 year olds.
The following week is Good, Very Good!
For more information on Forums, please see Forums.
- Discussion Questions
- As a Christian are there things that your friends do or say that you shouldn’t?
- As a Christian are there things that you do or say that your friends disapprove of?
- In what ways would a Christians goals in life differ from a non-Christian?
- Prayer Time
- Prayer points
- How to pray considerately
- The Religious/Philosophy Tension about the world
- God loved the world, should we?
- Asceticism/Spirituality vs Hedonism/Materialism
- Ancient and Modern Tensions
- vs Epicureans
- vs Utilitarians
- The Conflict in Israel Mark 1:40-3:6
- Name the different groups in Israel?
- In what ways was Jesus different to them all?
- Why was Jesus different to John the Baptist?
- There is a Time for Everything Eccles 3
- World at its worst (Rom 1, 1 Pet 4:4, 2 Pet 2)
- The wrong response (1 Tim 4)
- The Christian response sacrifice (Rom 12), for self and others world denying (2 Cor 4)
- Value system – where is our joy?
- Health wealth justice – realised eschatology